Brevard and Transylvania County is a growing community thriving with life, yet still has that small town feeling. Brevard has many honorable things to mention along with beautiful scenery and outdoor activities. Brevard is located at the heart of the “Land of the Waterfalls” which is home to 250 waterfalls. Transylvania County is covered by more than fifty percent of National or State forest and numerous other large private conservation easements. The main attractions are Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest, and Gorges State Park. Brevard is also known as the home of the white squirrel. Contact details for all of Brevard’s restaurants, retail stores galleries and things to do
Some of these special finds are the old fashioned soda shop the original 1930’s movie theater the locally owned hardware store, wonderful unique restaurants, antique stores and other elegant boutiques. While walking downtown you can enjoy the different sculptures that are on the main streets, these sculptures consist of Southern Appalachian animals that are made out of steel, bronze, copper, marble, and stone by local artists.
Some of the fun festivities are:
- The White Squirrel Festival: the Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, honors our very special city wildlife population.
- The Fourth of July Celebration: takes place on July 4th to celebrate our nation’s independence and brings back the ole hometown spirit.
- Halloweenfest: where else would you celebrate Halloween but in Transylvania County on the last Saturday in October.
- Twilight Tour: on the first Saturday in December showcases the very unique gifts you can find for your special loved ones for the holiday season. Luminaries, camp fires, and music create holiday happiness.
- Transylvania County: 29,880
- City of Brevard: 6,829
- Town of Rosman: 571
- Transylvania Community Hospital is a full service hospital open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Over 100 active and consulting physicians serve Transylvania County residents
- Asheville, NC – 30 miles
- Hendersonville, NC – 20 miles
- Greenville, SC – 60 miles